Though they are a necessary part of a healthy psyche and a fulfilling life, relationships – when developed with the wrong people or with an unhealthy emotional foundation – can be damaging to a person’s life and mental health.
I specialize in assisting people with relationship conflicts resolve their issues and resolve their depression, anxiety or other issues. As a licensed marriage and family counselor and a licensed clinical psychologist based in San Diego, through creative techniques, I work with both individuals and pairs to find solutions to their specific problems. No two conflicts will ever be the same, and I strive to look at all the nuances and facets of each individual issue to better a comprehensive perspective to provide my clients with productive problem solving.
Whether you are in need of a marriage counselor, couples counseling and therapy, or conflict management, I am certified to help. Marital and relationship conflicts can cause many issues, and I want to guide you towards a happy and healthy life and relationship.
Through the years, I have worked to become the best professional psychotherapist I can be to better serve my clients. I am a member of several psychology associations and have earned many additional licenses as part of my ongoing dedication to provide the most comprehensive and helpful service for every client.
Please see below for more information on my certifications, education and professional memberships, and contact me today to schedule an appointment and let me help you repair your relationships and bring emotional balance and stability back to your life.
- 1993 Ph.D., Psychology with Specialization in Marriage & Family Therapy, U.S. International University, California
- 1988 M.A., Marriage & Family Therapy, U.S. International University,California
- 1982 M.A., Community/Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University, California
- 1978 B.A., Psychology, Buffalo State College, New York
- 1975 A.A., Liberal Arts/Social Sciences (Psychology Emphasis), Niagara County Community College, New York
Professsional Licenses & Memberships:
- Clinical Psychologist License: March 10, 1997 (CA Lic.#PSY15145)
- Marriage, Family, & Child Counselor License: December 27, 1993 (CA Lic.#MFC30989)
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- San Diego Psychological Association
- EAP Mental Health Provider Panel Membership: U.C.S.D. University System
- Mental Health Staff Privileges: Pomerado Hospital, Poway, CA
- Mental Health Aftercare Referral Source: Villa Pomerado Convalescent Facility, Poway, CA
- Mental Health Provider Panel Membership: California’s Crime Victims Program
- Member of the Board of Directors: St. Clare’s Home, Escondido, CA (1996-1999)
Accomplishments: Honors & Activities:
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Buffalo State College
- Graduated with High Distinction Honors from Niagara County Community College
- Pepperdine University Alumni Association
- PSI-CHI, National Psychology Honor Society
- Tutor of: Statistics, Experimental research, & Family systems theory
- Ph.D. Dissertation: The Psychosocial Adjustment of Adult Female Siblings of Female Incest Survivors
- Author of book, Hidden Victim, based on dissertation research.
- Author of published poem, “Kaleidoscope of Dreams,” in C. Tyler (ed.) Reflections of Yesterday, The National Library of Poetry, 1997, p. 30.
- Author of published poem, “Kaleidoscope of Dreams,” in R. Schaub (ed.) Essence of a Dream, The National Library of Poetry, 1997, p. 243.
- Inventor of “GIVE-ME-A-HUG” Parenting Aid: A Behavior Modification Program
- Honor’s Edition of United Who’s Who Registry
- Contributed to two published articles titled, “Damage From Abuse is More Than Physical,” and “Teens Harbor Issues Based on Experiences” by Kari Luu, previously a staff writer for The Nexus Westview.Contributed to three internet magazine articles on relationships and parenting: